Glasgow Council on Alcohol offers short courses on various topics (see below) Each workshop takes place over 2 sessions with each lasting 2 hours. If you are interested ask a counsellor to refer you or speak to a receptionist. The courses can take place in our in house training facility at North Claremont Street, Glasgow, or in some outreach centres. Full details are available from our reception, call 0141 353 1800 or email us: email@example.com
What types of workshops can be available?
- what alcohol is and what units
- How it affects your health and your life
- Alcohol you and Society
- What is self-confidence
- what self-esteem is
- How to increase confidence
Dealing with anger
- What causes anger
- beliefs about anger
- How anger makes us feel
- Strategies for dealing with anger.
- What positive and negative stress is.
- Daily stressors and what to do about them
- Ways of dealing with stress.
- What relapse and lapses are
- How to work with cravings
- What triggers we might have
- Coping skills including drink refusal skills