Thinking that someone close to you is drinking too much can be frightening, frustrating and worrying. There are many signs that someone you know may be drinking too much.
The main thing to look out for is a change in their behaviour and a change in their drinking patterns. Other things that you may see in the person are:
- Lack of money due to drinking
- Drinking regularly to cope with a problem
- Drinking alone
- Mood swings
- Missing work through drinking
- Being arrested due to drinking
- Trying to hide the fact that they are drinking
- Defensiveness when asked about their drinking
At GCA we can offer support to you if you are concerned about someone else’s drinking. You may just want to call us and talk to one of our trained counsellors.