GCA deliver services over 6 days per week
The Human Resources Officer will support GCA’s operational management within GCA. This will be an opportunity to expand on the work of the HR Manager during the 12 month role. The post will be accountable for HR systems, policies, contracts and other documentation, employment law compliance and fostering company culture.
Our current HR policy, procedure and management systems have been streamlined throughout the organisation. We will continue developing a strategic plan to continue GCA’s commitment to being a consistently supportive, rewarding and empowering place to work.
The Human Resources Officer reports to the CEO. There are over 50 members of staff, 80 volunteers and 60 students within the organisation. We provide a range of services to over 5000 people per annum who have been impacted by alcohol and drug addictions. The correct candidate will be a part of the management team and support the delivery of our wide range of services.
KEY RESULTS AREAS / MAIN DUTIES
• Maintain and develop HR systems including current HR software
• Advise, support and work with managers to ensure consistency in approach in all aspects of HR including recruitment, contracts, performance reviews, grievances and disciplinaries, development, annual leave and sick leave, and leavers. Be the first point of contact for managers, staff and volunteers with any HR issues.
• Conduct a full audit of current HR paperwork held and fully digitalise
• Maintain current HR records including use of HR software
• Ensure to keep up to date with current employment law and HR guidance and that the organisation’s HR policies are updated in line with any changes
• Prepare monthly Payroll information for the organisation
• Provide quarterly reports to the SMT and be able to analyse
• Responsibility for managing and organising full recruitment process while working with managers to make sure people with the right skills are recruited, developed and retained
• Communicate all HR related news and developments to the wider team and Board via monthly newsletter
• Perform any other duties as required within the role.
HR officer JD & PS
In the first instance contact Gary Meek on 0141 353 1800 or email: