FAQ – Frequently Asked Questions

Glasgow Council on Alcohol will be pleased to answer any questions you wish to ask. However you may be able to find what you need in our FAQ below.

What services do you provide?

Glasgow Council on Alcohol offer Counselling for individuals, young people and couples, Community Alcohol Support, Alcohol Prevention & Education, Groupwork, Training and Service Users groups and drop in sessions and more.[/toggle]

Do I have to live in Glasgow to access services?

No. GCA have offices and outreach services all over Glasgow and East Dunbartonshire.

Do I have to stop drinking to use the service?

No. GCA offer controlled drinking groups and offer help and assistance when cutting down and reducing your alcohol intake.

Are GCA’s services free?

GCA services are free at point of contact.

When can I attend a group or session?

Usually group sessions will take place at our main offices in North Claremont Street. We offer counselling and support services in Parkhead, Yoker and East Dunbartonshire amongst other. GCA staff will be able to direct you to a convenient service near to you.

What do I do next?

You can contact us on 0141 353 1800 or email us info@glasgowcouncilonalcohol.org or using our contact form.[/toggle]

Any More Questions?

If you have any questions our trained staff will be glad to offer advice or put you in contact with someone who will help. Call Glasgow Council on Alcohol on 0141 353 1800 or email us


Scroll to top