General enquiries 0141 353 1800 | Freephone Helpline 0808 802 9000

COSCA Counselling Supervision Course

This course is aimed at counsellors with a Diploma in Counselling or counselling skills users with a COSCA Counselling Skills certificate or equivalent as their training. It is designed to equip the less experienced practitioner with a better understanding and use of supervision, as well as to provide a significant first step for the longer trained and more experienced practitioner in their role as supervisors. The course has full COSCA validation.

CounsellingSupervision

Entry Requirements
Certificate in Counselling Supervision Skills: requires participants to have the COSCA Counselling Skills Certificate (or equivalent).

Certificate in Counselling Supervision: requires participants to have a Counselling Diploma (or equivalent) and substantial (at least 2 years’) experience as a counselling practitioner with a minimum of 150 hours supervised client work and  be in a position to practice in a supervisory role in their own organisation or have other arrangements.

Study Outline
The Course is divided up into two separate sections:

1) Certificate in Counselling Supervision Skills
This part of the course gives practitioners an in‐depth understanding of supervision and how to use it effectively. The Certificate can be completed in its own right or used as the first step in gaining the Counselling Supervision Certificate.

2) Certificate in Counselling Supervision
This part of the course, which is in addition to the above, involves supervisory work. You must be in a position to supervise at least 2 counsellors/counselling skills users and submit a 2000‐2500 word case study based on your work as a supervisor.

How much will it cost?
Costs: £675 per person. A payment plan is available and can be discussed with the course administrator.

25% PAYMENT IS DUE PRIOR TO COMMENCING THIS COURSE. THE REMAINING 75% MUST BE PAID IN FULL PRIOR TO THE END OF THE COURSE.

INDIVIDUALS WILL NOT BE REGISTERED WITH COSCA UNTIL THE COURSE IS PAID IN FULL.

Where does the training take place?
We have a purpose built training room at our Main Office, 14 North Claremont Street, Glasgow. It may be possible to run the course in other venues, please contact Irene McKenzie on 0141 353 1800 or email training@glasgowcouncilonalcohol.org for more information.

When does the next course run?
The next Counselling Supervision Course will run again on Saturdays & Sundays starting on 9th November 2019.
The course runs for 6 sessions over 3 weekends from 9.30am – 4.30pm each day.

Early enrolment is advisable as these courses are extremely popular.

Our First Interview dates for this course will take place soon.

How do I book my place?
Fill out our course booking form.

Contact Neil Macaulay for more information on course content
Contact Irene McKenzie on 0141 353 1800 or email
training@glasgowcouncilonalcohol.org to book your place.

*Please note that bookings are made on a ’first come first served’ basis.

Call Now Button

GCA use cookies to give you the best online experience. By agreeing you accept the use of cookies in accordance with our cookie policy.

Privacy Settings saved!
Privacy Settings

When you visit any web site, it may store or retrieve information on your browser, mostly in the form of cookies. Control your personal Cookie Services here.

These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems.

In order to use this website we use the following technically required cookies
  • wordpress_test_cookie
  • wordpress_logged_in_
  • wordpress_sec

Decline all Services
Accept all Services