- Don’t drink on an empty stomach, eat something before you go out, this will line your stomach and prevent you from getting drunk too quickly.
- Avoid strong cheap white ciders, as they are more damaging to your health. This is especially so when drunk on a empty stomach. The the high acid content irritates the stomach, this may, cause pains, ulcers and sickness.
- Drink a glass of water or a soft drink for each drink of alcohol. This is gentler on the liver, and will reduce a sore head in the morning.
- Avoid alcohol when you feel unhappy or angry.
- Stay away from alcohol if you are pregnant, trying to get pregnant, or are on medication.
- Be particularly careful if there is a problem with alcohol abuse in the family.
- Know your limit, when you reach it, switch to soft drinks or go home.
- Before going out agree to look out for one another. Don’t leave anyone on there own, especially if they are drunk.
- Know how you’re getting home, don’t drive or accept lifts from strangers.
- Drink a pint of water before you go to bed.